SUMMER WISH LIST 2016: FASHION EDITION

12:19 AM




photo by: Nikki Toledo


          Summer is just around the corner and I can't wait to enjoy the bright sunny days and the trips that we have yet to book! Schoolwise, we are nearing the end of the academic year and for me, I take it as a blessing and an exciting event. Because we have a different curriculum now, I get to be classmates with the people I am with this year, for the next school year! Isn't that something to look forward to? Anyway, enough with the chit chat. I am here to talk about some of my favorite items that I wish to have for this Summer. These are not just any ordinary set of items for Summer, but instead, this can also be considered as a guide for you to enjoy this season in a fashionable and quirky way! With out further ado, let me take you to my Summer wish list for the year 2016! 

Photo by: @/wahlondon (instagram)


          First up is my all time favorite out of my wish list! It is the Wah in Private Plane (left) and the Wah Pink Nail Art Pen (right). I chose this brand because in the numerous YouTube tutorials that I've watched, the formula of this nail polish seems to glide on ever so smoothly without any troubles and I always notice that there are only minimum mistakes when applying this. In their Instagram account, I can not stop scrolling down because of how beautiful their nail art designs are on their models and as a nail art enthusiast, I love seeing very intricate and detailed designs and I also love practicing these designs on my own nails, although I would always need a bottle of Acetone beside me since I make tons of mistakes. But I guess with more practice, it gets better and better!

Photo by: @/qvcbeauty (instagram)


          Makeup is also a passion of mine and I always find myself watching Youtube videos on how to do glamorous makeup or simple daytime makeup looks each and every day! Through this, I've familiarised myself with one of the best makeup brands out there but at the same time, it wouldn't cost you that much. This eyeshadow palette from Tarte, Tarte in bloom, is just so beautiful in so many ways. There are eyeshadows that have shimmer to it, and there are some that are plain matte and that is what I like about the palette and it's because their eyeshadow formula is so pigmented that with one swipe, it is enough to fill in a whole eyelid! And also what I like about this is that the colors are very neutral and it can be worn for both daytime and nighttime. I personally haven't tried this yet but based on the tutorials that I have seen that used this palette, it seems to have gotten a lot of positive reviews about it and I really look forward to having my own Tarte eyeshadow palette and use it during Summer!

Photo by:@/quayaustralia (instagram)


          During the summer, it can get really, really hot and as we all know, too much eye contact or exposure to sunlight can be bad for your eyesight because of its UV rays. So, in order to stay fashionable and yet protected during the Summer, I chose Quay for the sunglasses because I personally think that they look adorable and classy! The mirror lenses do such a great job at protecting your eyes because it decreases the light passing through significantly! I bet these would be really helpful during the Summer, especially for a person like me that wears glasses everyday. (and no, it's not a good thing!)

Photo by: @/louboutinworld (instagram)


          You might thing "why would anyone wear heels during Summer?" Well, who said it was prohibited to wear heels on Summer days? Who knows, you might start loving heels during the Summer once you wear it! Trust me, having at least one pair of heels are just as important as having a pair of sneakers! I really love these Stilettos from Louboutin because first of all, red-bottoms are so classy and in! And second, Louboutin stilettos are so simple to the eyes and that is a good thing because it can make up your whole outfit and make you look very elegant at the same time! I can already imagine myself wearing these to a casual Summer day out with the whole family and of course, special events as well!

Photo by: @/americaneagle (instagram)


          During the Summer, street fashion is always the trend and a lot of people find it really easy to dress up in because a pair of ripped jeans and a lose shirt is all you need to get through the day with style! I specifically like these pair of jeans from American Eagle because they look so stylish and sophisticated without being too loud. A plain white or off-white shirt can also go very well with ripped jeans since you wouldn't want to wear very dark and thick shirt for it absorbs more heat. Loafers and slip-on shoes are a necessity of mine for the Summer because if I will be going on long walks with my family or friends, I don;t want my feet to get tired very easily since I would just want to relax during the day.

Photo by: @/herschelsupply (instagram)


          There will be outings and long road trips around the country if you are planning one with your family and the first thing you will need is a backpack that doesn't become too cluttered nor bulky. The Dawson Backpack from Herschel is one of the items in my wish list that I really want to own for myself. It doesn't look like it can bring a lot of stuff and for me, I take it as a challenge to only pack the most important things I need for a trip and not be that person that brings a ton for clothes just for a one-day trip. Nu-uh. I've always been taught by my mom to be a light traveller and I think I've been doing quite well at it these past few trips to different countries. I like this backpack specifically because it looks very simple and compact, and it can be used in other occasions as well like going to the malls or just going to a nearby café to do some work. During the Summer, I would really use this a lot since I, myself, like to bring things with me whenever I go somewhere with my relatives!


          We have come to the end of my blog entry and I really hope that you, as readers, have somewhat attained information from my personal wish list! I hope that we will be able to make most of our own Summer days and enjoy it with the people that we love the most in our lives. With that, I'd like to end this with my most sincere thanks for spending your precious time in reading my heart-filled personal entry and I hope you enjoyed it!







All the best,
NIKKI

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe