FEBRUARY FAVORITES

7:14 PM

                

                Well it’s official – February 2016 is over! I have to admit, last month was definitely one of the best months I’ve had in quite a long time. My February featured family gatherings, a few parties alongside my friends and much more exciting events! It's such a shame it went by quickly. So today, I'll be reliving it all with you by revealing my favorites of the month of February. Enjoy!

FAVORITE MAKEUP PRODUCT: Shu Uemura’s Eyebrow Pencil


                This makeup item is my holy grail. I can never go out in public – well, except for when I’m in school because we’re not allowed to wear make-up (I’m a good student aye) – without applying this to my eyebrows, since it makes such a huge difference after application. I definitely recommend this to anyone who wants an easy-to-use eyebrow pencil.

FAVORITE CLOTHING ITEM: A Romper


               I'm sporting a romper with intricate patterns plastered from the start of the straps to the bottom of the shorts with a halter type of neckline. The truth is I’ve been wearing this a lot lately, and the reason behind it is because it’s probably the comfiest romper I own, which is also the main reason why it's part of my favorites for the month of February.

FAVORITE RANDOM ITEM: Amber Lights' “Vanilla Heaven” Candle


I first picked this candle up at an small candle store nearby because I was in need of a new candle. The Vanilla Heaven candle encapsulates innocence and pure sweetness, which is why it's my favorite candle. The scent of this candle catapults me back to the time when me and my family roasted marshmallows on the beach in Palawan. 

FAVORITE TV PROGRAM: Korean Drama – My Love from Another Star (별에서 온 그대)

Picture retrieved from: asianwiki.com
                This TV program is the B E S T Korean drama I’ve watched so far. One of my friends suggested this show a while back, telling me it’s one of her favorites. But since I was bombarded with school projects and exams, I wasn’t able to watch it. Although, I was able to find time in February to finally watch the show my friend had been raving about for the past how many months.

I admire the plot of this TV show because it’s very unique and not one you can find in American TV shows. But what caught my attention was the spectacular cinematography. They captured the scenes very well, playing with the color palette to present the mood perfectly to the audience by using warm tones for happy scenes and darker hues for the more serious scenes. I also love the actors and actresses because they did an outstanding job portraying their characters of this show.

This show blew me away for sure. There were a lot of scenes that made me laugh so hard, especially the tiny epilogues at the end of each episode. But there were also scenes that moved me to tears, like in episode 19 when Song Yi says, “Even though I’m anxious that you’ll disappear right away, and even though I’d sell my soul for the time we could be together, if only we could stop time forever… and even though sometimes these feelings are too hard for me and I might wish I hadn’t met you… still, even if I could turn time back, I would meet you again, and I would bicker with you, and I would fall for you, and I would love you.” *cries all over again* Without a single bit of doubt, this show will definitely touch (or break) your heart and soul (especially the bittersweet ending).

FAVORITE SONG: Dream a Little Dream of Me by Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong

Picture retrieved from: www.staleywise.com
If you know me personally, you won’t be surprised I chose this song as my February favorite. All my closest friends know I am in love with yesterday’s music! And ever since I discovered this song last month, I’ve been having it on repeat for days, maybe even weeks. I just admire how Ella Fitzgerald’s voice can easily blend with Louis Armstrong’s. This song brings so much joy and satisfaction to my ears.

FAVORITE PICTURE (Taken last month): First Selfie with My Beloved Cousins

Picture by: Bianca Vecino
                It was difficult to narrow this one down, since I took a heap of memorable pictures this month. But I settled on this lovely picture of me and my cousins. This was the first selfie we took after three whole years of not seeing each other!

FAVORITE OCCASION/S: My Grandmother’s 80th Birthday Celebration & My JS Prom

Grandmother's 80th Birthday Celebration // February 20, 2016
                On the 20th of February, my grandmother celebrated her 80th birthday in Acacia hotel. I still remember my grandmother’s radiant smile lighting up every nook and cranny of the room when she first walked in. A lot of great memories were created that night, like dancing with my cousins and seeing my uncles dance with my grandmother. Although, there were some memories I want to burn, like seeing the oldies dance to 80's pop music; it was horrible. Moving on, that night was filled with so much joy and laughter that I will definitely cherish forever. 

JS Promenade // February 26, 2016
           On the 26th of February, I attended my JS prom. I remember walking in for the first time, feeling confident in my midnight blue gown and my killer 4-inch beige heels. I even remember gawking at the beautiful women in their gorgeous gowns and handsome men in their stunning suits. I almost didn’t recognize my batch mates!

The highlight of my night though was dancing to random pop songs with all my closest friends. I can never forget my ridiculous dance moves and my friends’ silly faces as we danced like there was no tomorrow. It was definitely a night to remember.

---

With that being said, I am glad to have created a lot of wonderful memories with my family and friends this February 2016. Hopefully this March, I would be able to share a whole lot more experiences with you guys that would be just as exciting and memorable. That concludes this month’s blog post. What are your February favorites? 


  - C H L O E R E Y E S

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe