TREAT YOURSELF!

7:35 PM

YOU deserve it.
by Czarina Castro

2015 has flown by in a blink of an eye --- and we have survived another year in our lives! This time of the year is all about thanksgiving, repentance, forgiveness and celebrations! Consider yourself lucky for you have survived a year of trials and obstacles, but it will never be complete without the time of joy and vibrancy. Before the year ends, treat yourself, your family, your friends! Whether it be a trip, shopping or a food trip. My family and I decided to treat ourselves after shopping for presents the whole evening in SM Megamall. Now, this isn't actually a new restaurant in the Philippines, but it is my first time trying their food and their name has been circling around the country for a while now.




8 CUTS Burger Blends is a burger joint that lets its customers create their own burgers made with 100% U.S. meat, making it a hit in the Philippines. 8 CUTS meaning their different custom high quality meat choices. The options include the choice of bun, toppings and beef, which amounts to about Php 190. Although, the menu is extensive and the restaurant also provides cheeses, house made sauces and MORE TOPPINGS! 8 CUTS won the hearts of the Pilipinos and was considered one of the best restaurants in Manila in 2014.

THE DIFFERENT BLENDS INCLUDE:

  1. THE HOUSE BLEND; short rib + ribeye
  2. THE BEEF BOMB; chuck + short rib
  3. THE OX BLEND; flank + oxtail + ribeye
  4. THE BIG GAME; hanger + brisket
(I got these descriptions from www.ourawesomeplanet.com)



The Cheeseburger (Php 195) 

The aesthetic of the restaurant in Megamall had a mix of minimalist in it, but it also had a bit of color to suit the theme and setting of the place. For me, it quite pleased my eyesight and I couldn't help but look everywhere. The walls were painted as brick walls and it gave me a western vibe, while their ads had very good graphics. I'm pretty sure the graphic designer of the restaurant deserved a round of applause. There were funny and related quotes posted on the walls and the restaurant provided a charging station, how convenient! They also provide an app in which the costumers can choose their favorite song and play it in the vicinity while eating their meal. 


The Q-Daddy (Php 295)

We tried the appetizers before we dug on with the main course. We got the classic Onion rings and French fries. Needless to say, it satisfied our cravings with its crunchiness and flavorful taste. It may not be the healthiest, but one must satisfy their cravings from time to time. The french fries were quite thin, but they served a decent amount for my mom, my sister and I. Since it was our first time to try 8 CUTS, we weren't really familiar with the different house blends and sauces, so we just picked what seemed delicious for us in the menu. 

I got the Q-Daddy which contained yellow cheddar, onion tanglers, crisp bacon strips, iceberg lettuce, tomato, jalapeno ranch and sweetly spiced BBQ sauce

Just by reading it, I can definitely feel my stomach rumbling. My mom got the classic Cheeseburger, since she wasn't sure what to get, while my sister got Bleu. 

Bleu has blue cheese, caramelized onions and blue cheese crumble

It was obvious that we were excited because my mom has been raving about 8 CUTS since last year, but we didn't have a chance to eat there until last December 20th. At first, my mom and I thought that it was quite on the pricey side (I was raised by frugal parents, you see.) Once it was served, I couldn't wait to try it, so we started to slice the huge burger. One burger and you'll be full, I didn't even finish mine and had my mom and my sister finish it for me! Once I bit into the burger, the flavors are blended and mixed well, they melt in your mouth in such a way that you would forget your name. The menu is very accurate in giving you a sneak peek of what the burger tastes like and once you actually taste it, it was way more than you would expect! 

Despite the expensive prices, it amounted to the cost because not only did it make us full, but the burgers were supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! If you're looking for a rewarding treat this Christmas, 8 CUTS is the place to be! I guarantee, it will be a worthy spend and you will have a satisfied stomach by the end of it!

Yours truly,
Czarina






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe